DayOne Response develops and supplies life-saving products for disaster relief efforts, serving relief organizations, government agencies, and the military. The company was founded in 2010 to improve and maintain quality of life in any and all conditions.
The DayOne Waterbag™ is a 10-liter water treatment backpack for collection, transport and batch processing of contaminated water, enabling a family to immediately produce their own drinking water from contaminated sources. This portable device is lightweight, durable and easy to deploy. It utilizes a multi-treatment process that includes flocculation, disinfection, and filtration.
- Partnering with established vendors including: Procter & Gamble, MSR Global Health, and Sea to Summit.
- DayOne deployed in 21+ countries by the US Government and Relief Organizations.
- Selected by P&G™ as the exclusive North American Distributor of the P&G™ Purifier of Water sachets in 2014.
- Secured Federal U.S. Environmental Protection Agency approval for the DayOne Waterbag™ + P&G™ sachets.
- Recognized by UN OCHA under World Humanitarian Summit for humanitarian innovation
- Deployed and distributed Waterbags in multiple settings including following earthquake in Nepal, cholera preparedness in Ghana, for refugee communities in Uganda, and for typhoon response in the Philippines.
Feedback from the Field
“When I see the dirt at the bottom of the bag, I said [to] myself I will never again drink the water directly from the pond.”
Bassano Douma Ismaila from Groussisso, Côte d’Ivoir
In Stock & Ready to Ship
DayOne Response stockpiles a minimum of 5,000 Waterbags at our Oakland, CA warehouse to meet the immediate needs of 20,000 people at anytime (first come, first serve basis).